Tuesday 15 February 2011

Self-Portrait in Digital Pencil



Hmmm, I was going to do a quick pencil sketch in Painter 11 to use as a basis to try out some digital watercolor following this online tutorial by Joan A. Hamilton. But I got carried away. Using the Real 2B Pencil brush in Painter is fun, as it is so responsive to tilt and pressure of the stylus... so what started as a bit of indicative shading ended up with me doing a value drawing. I will perhaps turn it into a line-drawing to do a watercolor trial from but perhaps not. I'll hopefully be wearing different clothes tomorrow, with different lighting (it is dark outside now, 5:30 am, and the light is from a desk lamp beside my cintiq).

So, I'll just share this impromptu portrait for now. Totally unplanned

3 comments:

  1. funny how vacant one looks when concentrating on one's image in a mirror! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there an image will appear?? because I can't see any picture...
    vapor recovery tower

    ReplyDelete
  3. now i've seen it. . .really nice . .congratz...

    ReplyDelete