Sunday 6 March 2011

Finished First Assignment for Schoolism.com Painter 11 class

Well, I have managed to "finish" (whatever that means, working digitally) my first assignment in Painter 11 for Ryan Wood's schoolism.com class. Here it is with two work in progress shots.

Now if only I could figure out how to log in as a student so I can hand it in: deadline today and they have changed their whole site and interface. It is very pretty, but not good if I cannot figure out how to hand in my work for deadline or email questions to the teacher (also needs log-in). eeee!

I'm going to TRY to get to bed before my kiddo gets up today so will upload the continued "work in progress" tomorrow instead.









Oh, Miss E asked about tonal reference: No I don't have exact reference for him wearing the wig, hoodie, dress in this position: I wing it. But I do use a de-saturated set of reference photos for the greytones:



5 comments:

  1. Dang! That hair, wow, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bryan! I cheated on the hair and used the 2B pencil cuz I was frustrated not being able to manipulate the brushes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a quick study! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Leanne when my boy was little he was dressed up as Pippi Longstocking almost daily by his teachers at preschool (we lived in Germany) and then when he was about three I made him play the role of a goose for one of my picture books (had him model for photos). This brought back memories. Great work on Painter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks David! Haha, I used to paint in acrylics and oils in um, the early 1990s! :)

    That's so cute Ellen! Pippi Longstocking! Now there's a girl a boy can identify with! thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete