Tuesday 29 March 2011

Schoolism Assignment 3: Robot Cow...

Robot Cow escaping!

Again, no time to upload the step by step... sorry, got a lot of paying work on the table... with the main characters being cows. Dairy cows. And for Schoolism we needed to do something with metalic texture, shiny character, with texture in the background... so rather than look for more and more reference, I did... a dairy cow. A robot dairy cow, attached to milking equipment, escaping..... :) Here she is:



And here is some of my photo reference for dairy cows. I actually have tons more than this, and drew the cow pretty much from my head (I have been drawing a lot of cows), but this is representative:



So here is the sketch:



Here is some more reference from suits of armour, for people and for horses:



...and you can see I took her tail and the hip bone bump from my shower hose:



Here is the milking set up:



And I decided to make her udders (since she is a robot cow) black rubber:






The texture for the background overlay came from my rusty file cabinet: yes that is dog drool from a Saint Bernard that eats away a file cabinet's paint and metal like that! eeee!:



The chainmail on her butt came from the suits of armour reference above, and I made a pattern chalk out of it.

So, once again, the finished deal:


Hah, now that I see it so small I see that the shapes are a bit confused from far away. It is all a bit dark. Ahhh well... that's all for tonight! Mooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment