Thursday 10 March 2011

Photoshopped or not?

Hmmm, well, here is a photo of a girl in a Victoria's Secret romper (which btw I like and would wear, though at nearly 50 I might look a bit silly)... that supposedly is photoshopped according to PSD Photoshop Disasters:



Now supposedly her legs are too far apart where they come out of the pant legs, indicating that her hips have been erased in photoshop in a very amateur manner. A few dissenters in the comments say, no, the jumper hangs low.

Exactly. I really couldn't resist downloading it and sketching in where her body would be. Her waist is where her elbows are, like everyone's waist and elbows. Which puts the "waistband" down by her bikini line. And her legs... jeesh people commenting, women ARE capable of standing with their feet apart. I know they try to make it "common knowledge" that women are only capable of spreading their legs for men, and other than that their thighs go STRAIGHT DOWN as they never separate their ankles more than a foot apart, but no, they can also plant their feet on the sand of a beach!



So there ya go. If anyone really thinks I have done a bad job of drawing in her body, do let me know. On other points, yes other commenter, it is annoying they lined the top of her white top with the sea horizon line. And of course they probably DID photoshop out every possible conceivable blemish. But no, her legs are NOT too far apart to be true. thanks.

10 comments:

  1. Aren't her thighs going to be massive relative to the size of her legs?

    Vernon from Photoshop Disasters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Massive? You can see them drawn above. If you call those shapely thin thighs "massive" (when they are really quite proportioned), I would hate to have you around me and my friends in bathingsuits, or shorts for that matter. Deary me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here via Jezebel, and I disagree. Even taking into account that this woman is a genetically-gifted toothpick, the angles from where you've drawn in the body and the legs as they appear in the image don't match up. There's some odd curving going on in the shape of the thigh. I definitely think some was taken out of the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also here from jezebel. i think you've got the crotch too high up. I have a hard time believing that her crotch is higher that the waist band.
    I could be wrong, though. We'll never know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her crotch is higher than her waistband? The "waistband" lies right where a wide belt around the hips would go. Her crotch as I drew it is at least an inch below the waistband. Anyways, I am doing another sketch with some other photos of thin women in bikinis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, it's good, but her thighs are drawn too big (actually I'd say she's drawn wider than she seems to be overall, but as her torso is not in dispute, that matters less). Given the size of her arms and the rest of her legs, they would be thinner (esp the thigh on our left). Look at this woman: http://www.giftsandfreeadvice.com/free_advice/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/laura-vandervoort-bikini-08_696.jpg

    Her arms are considerably fuller than the model's, and yet her thighs are much slimmer up top. I'd say the model's figure is closer to this:

    http://www.brazilian-bikinis.org/ProductImages/gp-thong-bikini.jpg

    And if so, there'd be something weird going on with that left leg where it meets the crotch (too much space, weird angle).

    P.S. In your drawing, she looks like she is squatting? That's not standing with feet planted far apart--if her thighs follow the curve you suggest, she would be bending her knees for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time out to put this together Leanne.

    Vernon from PSD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, but this is really quite a stretch. I'm with the others - the angles and curves at which you drew the thighs simply don't fit the model's body. The curves of the thighs you've implied make her appear bow-legged and wholly inconceivable. The crotch does seem too high, too - I've never worn a wide belt at crotch height. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the only things wrong with the sketch i think is the navel is a biiit lower than it should be, then there should be some space between the thighs at the crotch, that is, the thighs dont start off in a severe upside down V (refer to katranna's image link above. correct the crotch and i think the thighs will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joe, you're absolutely right. I redrew her. See next blog post:
    http://leannefranson.blogspot.com/2011/03/photoshopped-or-not-take-2.html

    ReplyDelete